Retirement Specialist- In Training
At AIG, we offer a unique opportunity that will launch your career with opportunities for professional growth and development supported by a powerful entrepreneurial culture of innovation.
In this entry level sales position in the AIG VALIC Retirement Education department you will have the opportunity to be trained on the products, value proposition sales concepts and gain the required licensing (TX Life, S6 and S63) to perform in this position.
No financial services experience is required. AIG provides world-class training programs that prepare you for success!
We are experiencing tremendous growth and looking to double in size! Some of the things our employees love about working at the AIG VALIC Retirement Education Center include:
* No cold calling or prospecting
* Paid licensing – exams, materials, and study time (TX Life, FINRA S6 and S63)
* Paid training (sales, product, technical, practice management, phone skills)
* Rewarding work
* Work / life balance
* Established growing company with career opportunities
* Supportive management team and great leadership
* On going training and development
* Base salary plus commission
* Unlimited earning potential
* Great benefits that start on your date of hire
* Fun and supportive culture
While receiving inbound calls from the customer service department you will focus on client relationship development and asset retention. Once you have mastered this position, you can be promoted to the Retirement Education Specialist within 3 to 12 months where you will have the opportunity to manage an existing book of business.
Reporting to a Retirement Education Center Sales Manager in the North Houston Greenspoint office, you will work closely over the phone to support and educate customers on retirement planning, distribution planning and strategies to meet their short term and long term financial goals.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop trusting relationships with Clients and be proficient in communicating and education clients over the phone
• Demonstrate a passion for what you do every day
• Ability to frame the conversation strategically and overcome objections
• Demonstrate a competitive drive and desire to succeed with an understanding that the client is always first
• Be committed to add value to oneself, the department and organization daily
• Demonstrate a competitive nature and be able to take action with limited supervision
No financial services industry experience? No problem! We are looking for individuals that are driven to succeed, high energy, smart and able and able to develop rapport quickly over the phone using strong communication skills. At AIG we provide paid licensing and all of the training and support you will need to be successful. In addition, we offer a structured career path that will provide you with long term opportunities for growth and development.
The ideal candidate must possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 2+ years of sales experience with demonstrated success.
• The ability to obtain FINRA Series 6 and 63 as well as the State Variable Life and Health License with in 90 days of start date.
• Computer proficiency, good multi-tasking skills and the ability to type at least 30 WPM.
• AIG Background check including credit, criminal, drug test, education & employment verification.